- Friday 8 December 2017
A candlelit concert of music for the festive season, in the beautiful intimate surroundings of the Leeds Universities Catholic Chaplaincy.
The music will include works by former University of Leeds students, Andrew Carter and Duncan Boutwood, and Emeritus Professor Philip Wilby, along with traditional favourites from medieval carols to the modern classic, ‘O magnum mysterium’ by Morten Lauridsen.
- Trad. chant: O come, o come Emmanuel
- Roderick Williams, O Adonai
- Duncan Boutwood, Love came down at Christmas
- Morten Lauridsen, O magnum mysterium
- John Byrt, All and some
- Andrew Carter, Chanticleer Carol
- Philip Wilby, 'On the incarnation', from Songs from Mount Grace
- Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Advent Responsory: Rorate Coeli
- Elizabeth Poston, Jesus Christ the apple tree
- Richard Pearsall, In dulci jubilo
- John Rutter, There is a flower
- Franz Gruber, Silent night
- Arr. Ratcliffe Woodward, Ding dong merrily on high
- Gustav Holst, Bring us good ale
- Online bookings are accepted until 3.00pm on Friday 8 December.
- After that time, please call 07985 004362 to reserve a ticket.
- You are welcome to turn up at the door, but we cannot guarantee that there will be tickets remaining (NB: this concert has always sold out in the past).
Parking is available on St Mark's Avenue, and in the lower two car parks of St Anne’s Community Services on St Mark's Avenue, opposite the Chaplaincy.
Please do not use the upper car park, as it is required for emergency service access.